Welcome to the homepage of Martin von Frantzius, composer, violinist and music software developer.
Please explore the works / media section.
- In the making: work for organ and saxophone
- Summer term 2018: guest seminar “Max for Live” at Musikhochschule Lübeck
- My “Streichtrio” will be rehearsed and performed in the context of a class for contemporary music at Musikhochschule Münster. The concert will take place on July 28th 2017, 7:30 pm at Musikhochschule Münster.
- “violin sidetracks” was selected for performance on klingt gut! symposium Hamburg (June 2017). I will performe it there at Mediencampus Hamburg, Finkenau, “Produktions Labor” (Groundfloor), Saturday, 9th of June, 12:30 pm.
- Summer term 2017: guest seminar “Algorithmic Notation” at Musikhochschule Lübeck
- 10th of October 2016, 20:00, Hamburg, Stavenhagenhaus. Concert with multipercussionist Stefan Weinzierl as duo dockside experience. Amongst other pieces we play A Table. Free entrance!
- 31st of August 2016, 21:30, Hamburg, Kampnagel KMH. Performance of a new version of violin sidetracks at SMC 2016 in Hamburg. Tickets. Immediate beforehand (20:00) great composer and friend Alexander Schubert will present his works!
- 2nd of July 2016, 18:00, Hamburg, City Nord Park. EDEN.EDEN_ GARTEN DER LÜSTE C.N. [LANDSCAPE OF DESIRE]. Architectural Performance. Live-electronic improvisation.
- 22nd of January 2016, Hamburg Hafen City, Meßmer Momentum. Premiere of kontra sidetracks for doublebass and live-electronics.
Revised version June 2016, video recording of a rehearsal session. for violin, laptop, kinect camera and 5 DMX controled LED floodlights “violin sidetracks” is part of my “sidetracks” series, started in 2013 with “marimba sidetracks”. All pieces of this series … Read More
eden.eden, 2.7.2016, City-Nord-Park Hamburg performance for violin, computer, architectural object and dancers Live-Performance for violin solo and Max for Live based electronics. A video made with a head camera worn by of one of the dancers can be found here Read More
composed and programmed by Martin von Frantzius, 2016 Ronald Vitzhum, double bass Recording of premiere with elements of rehearsal (sound only) – Meßmer Momentum, Hamburg Hafen City, 22.01.2016 kontra! sidetracks for double bass and computer is part of the composers’ … Read More
Pia Maria Martin, A Table, excerpt, stop motion film, 2 channel, Super 16 mm cameras. 5:32 minutes Edition of 5 + 1 A.P. The music for A Table was composed 2015 für violin, kitchen utensils, drums / effect instruments and … Read More
for alto saxophone, e-violin, vibraphone/drums and computer Video of premiere: November 28th, 2014, Meßmer Momentum Hamburg, as part of the series “dockside experience” alto sax – Josef Steiner e-violin – Martin von Frantzius vibraphone/drums – Stefan Weinzierl “Neue Musik” meets … Read More
Piece for self-playing piano, controlled (“composed”) in realtime. Software built with cycling74 Max. Premiere: February 13th, 2006, HfMT-Hamburg, concert „DUET FOR ONE – DISKLAVIERKOMPOSITIONEN“ A chord-generator produces four-voiced chords according to changing rule-sets. For all these chords, a virtual fundamental … Read More