Welcome to the homepage of Martin von Frantzius, composer, violinist and music software developer.
Please explore the works / media section.
- Winter term 2020/21: Seminar Ableton Live / Max for Live @Musikhochschule Lübeck
- March 2020: Release of FlexGroove in the Ableton Shop. A Max for Live device for full microtiming control! Check it out!
- Winter term 2019/20: Seminar Microtonality & Multichannel Audio with Ableton Live and Max for Live @Musickhochschule Lübeck
- Virtual Organ at Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg (Exhebition “Manufaktur des Klangs” ends november, 3rd)
- Summer term 2019: seminar Generative algorithmische Prozesse mit Max for Live zur Erzeugung von MIDI- und Audiomaterial at Musikhochschule Lübeck
- December 2018 / January 2019: development of Play-Arp an online playable church organ for www.orgelstadt-hamburg.de
- Winter term 2018/19: seminar “Ableton Live / Max for Live” at Musikhochschule Lübeck
- October / November 2018 – Programming of Black Out Software for composer Alexander Schubert.
- unstillbar.1 for organ and saxophone (Soprano and Alto) will be premiered by Gunnar Eibich and Ueli Angstmann in Würenlos (Swiss) September 14th, 7 pm and in Hamburg October 17th, 6 pm.
- Summer term 2018: guest seminar “Max for Live” at Musikhochschule Lübeck
- My “Streichtrio” will be rehearsed and performed in the context of a class for contemporary music at Musikhochschule Münster. The concert will take place on July 28th 2017, 7:30 pm at Musikhochschule Münster.
- “violin sidetracks” was selected for performance on klingt gut! symposium Hamburg (June 2017). I will performe it there at Mediencampus Hamburg, Finkenau, “Produktions Labor” (Groundfloor), Saturday, 9th of June, 12:30 pm.
- Summer term 2017: guest seminar “Algorithmic Notation” at Musikhochschule Lübeck
- 10th of October 2016, 20:00, Hamburg, Stavenhagenhaus. Concert with multipercussionist Stefan Weinzierl as duo dockside experience. Amongst other pieces we play A Table. Free entrance!
- 31st of August 2016, 21:30, Hamburg, Kampnagel KMH. Performance of a new version of violin sidetracks at SMC 2016 in Hamburg. Tickets. Immediate beforehand (20:00) great composer and friend Alexander Schubert will present his works!
- 2nd of July 2016, 18:00, Hamburg, City Nord Park. EDEN.EDEN_ GARTEN DER LÜSTE C.N. [LANDSCAPE OF DESIRE]. Architectural Performance. Live-electronic improvisation.
- 22nd of January 2016, Hamburg Hafen City, Meßmer Momentum. Premiere of kontra sidetracks for doublebass and live-electronics.
Play-Arp is an online church-organ, which I programmed for www.orgelstadt-hamburg.de. With Play-Arp you have the worldwide unique opportunity to play one of the internationally most valuable and most beautiful baroque organs. Many organ fans and experts pilgrimage to Hamburg to … Read More
4-channel electro-acoustic tape music The “Omega Projekt” was initiated by theatre author and director Dr. Michael Huber. He wrote a fascinating and associative theatre play about Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. The first part “Das Herz der Materie” was permiered in … Read More
‘Black Out Software’ was made for Alexander Schubert. It allows everyone (who owns a Mac or Max/MSP) to produce a score like Alexander Schuberts ‘Black Out BRD’. A midifile which is fed into the application, is kind of reversed, so … Read More
A short trailer for violin sidetracks for violin solo with kinect, lights and live-electronics. The base material for this video was kindly recorded at klingt gut! festival, Hamburg, 2016 by Bianca Peruzzi. Read More
Revised version June 2016, video recording of a rehearsal session. for violin, laptop, kinect camera and 5 DMX controled LED floodlights “violin sidetracks” is part of my “sidetracks” series, started in 2013 with “marimba sidetracks”. All pieces of this series … Read More
eden.eden, 2.7.2016, City-Nord-Park Hamburg performance for violin, computer, architectural object and dancers Live-Performance for violin solo and Max for Live based electronics. A video made with a head camera worn by of one of the dancers can be found here Read More